Held annually at UT Austin, the day-long event invites Texans of all ages to experience robust research experiences, hands-on demonstrations and experiments, and participate in the richness of the university’s scholarship and knowledge.
Explore UT seeks to broaden the horizons of students in Texas and motivate them toward achieving higher education after high school. It seeks to help parents and teachers encourage the excitement of learning and discovery, and welcomes alumni to reconnect with the institution that prepared them for their careers.
Click here for more information
Join our Remind group to receive text messages about library programs and special events. Just text the group name, @splevents to 81010.
The Salado Public Library will join over a thousand libraries around the world on November 21, 2015 for the eighth annual celebration of gaming in libraries – International Games Day @ Your Library. Like so many other libraries across the country and around the world, Salado Public Library will offer special gaming programs and events suitable for the whole family. The library will stay open late for game events.
The winners have been announced!
1. “The Shadow Throne” by Jennifer A. Nielsen
2. “I Become Shadow” by Joe Shine.
3. “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” by Jenny Han.
4. “My Life with the Walter Boys” by Ali Novak.
5. “Heir of Fire” by Sarah J. Maas.
6. “The Bane Chronicles” by Cassandra Clare.
7. “The Young Elites” by Marie Lu.
8. “The Kiss of Deception” by Mary E. Pearson.
9. “Since You’ve Been Gone” by Morgan Matson.
10. “The Geography of You and Me” by Jennifer E. Smith.
You can vote for up to three books on this list of 24 for your favorite titles of 2015. The books have been selected by teen book groups across the country. We have eight of the titles in our collection. Voting ends on Saturday October 24th, so click the link and vote for your favorites.